Share | 

Wingriders needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sixth Gun
Admin

Marks : 70

PostSubject: Re: Wingriders needed   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 am

I was getting cas mixed up last night i think with marisas cobalt but either way i suspect they'll be in the same wing and my cobalt is gonna be their trusty side kick. Hehehe. Anyway, got him in the making. School now, but can plot later with both of you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitelightningweyr.forummotions.com
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: Wingriders needed   Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Here's an idea - JQ what if your character is Sidran's best buddy/sidekick/whathaveyou, and Vivid, maybe my new scarletrider H'den can be backing Casriel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Re: Wingriders needed   Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Casriel would be thrilled to have H'den backing her, having great respect for Scarlets and their battle ready attitudes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

PostSubject: How about a quartz?    Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:34 am

I've been toying with the idea of a quartzrider. Maybe one whose dragon's talent is to be able to speak/hear other dragons over very long distances?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sixth Gun
Admin

Marks : 70

PostSubject: Re: Wingriders needed   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:41 am

In the books generally its the metalics who hear the most distant, but F'lar's Mnemeth was able to hear Canth both through time and space. He could hear Canth when Canth was on the Southern Continent, and when Cath had traveled back in time. It wasn't necessarily 'unusual' that he could do so, once they learned to Time it, and started spending time there. If we make abilities Special for quartzes, I'd imagine it would need to be something really different than the abilities we imagine dragons with now. That, or they just have super magnified ability. Or something like what is considered more rare in the books like being able to locate 'lost' dragons in the vast Between, without coordinates or something, like how that one chick does in the books.

Other semi-rare abilities:
-Dragons listening in to 'hear' people other than their own rider. Though this isn't hugely wide spread, again, seems to be mostly amoung the metalics, when done. Though, N'ton, even before Impression, could make himself 'heard' to any dragon, even if it sometimes took a little effort. Also, there were other examples of some humans being able to touch a dragon's mind and speak to them even from across the planet.
Because humans were genetically modified similarly to dragons, humans share some of these abilities too, though having them in greater strength is more rare (i.e. Seers, HADs, finding dragons/riders in Between, etc). But.. the humans having naturally somewhat weaker abilities is why Search pairs have to work together, dragon and rider, to help strengthen/ hone the Rider's own natural abilities to feel the energy auras of other people (possible candidates), which the dragons also of course, then approves, based on what a dragon 'looks for' in a human lifemate.

errr.. can't think of anything else, atm off the top of my head, and need to afk a while to run some errands and then buckle down and do hmwrk.

Also >D on that note, we should probably move these more lengthy plotty discussions to another thread for OOC if we want to keep the wanted ads clean for new members to look at. We can just separate the posts into another thread, and leave the original wanted ad like it was.

Maybe we can start a OOC or Admin thread somewhere to hammer out some ideas for interesting Quartz abilities? I think Jess and I may also be considering Quartzes, though, I personally may do a blue, if everyone else is doing Quartzes >D just for something different thrown in there. But, has other chars to finish first.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitelightningweyr.forummotions.com
Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Wingriders needed   Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 pm

I am also thinking of rolling up a quartz dragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingriders needed   

Back to top Go down

Wingriders needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1