10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Br'son blinked, speechless, as the cobaltrider walked away. Deep within him, lust tangled with confusion and perhaps a little bit of fear. Intensity usually didn't bother him. Most dragonriders were intense. Certainly most cobaltriders fell into that category, and he'd decided that he rather liked cobaltriders. But Casriel...

A frisson ran along his skin, and there was nothing to do but take a drink. Or three. Or... shells. He'd just finish the glass.

Will you choose Maraxith as your next mate? he asked Yllaveth, as he reached out to her for comfort.

Perhaps, she said, her idle tone conflicting with the way her tail lashed and the smoldering fire Br'son felt just under her hide. She was close. Not tonight, but soon, she would fly. He is a fine cobalt, and his bloodline is proven. But there are other factors to consider besides just bloodline. And we have many of his line already.

I don't know what Casriel will do if you choose another, Br'son admitted. I'm not sure I want to find out.

That is not a good enough reason for me to choose my mate. Maraxith may chase. I will choose as I will. No being owns my heart but you, my rider. You know that.

Br'son felt a wave of love, and a bolstering of his spirits as Yllaveth stiffened his spine. Casriel was intense, certainly, but he was the senior queenrider of Pern's last Weyr. He could hardly allow himself to be manipulated, even if unintentionally. Yllaveth would choose as she always chose... freely.

As you have mine, my love, he sent back to the great gleaming queen. As you will always have mine.

Melieste agreed rather enthusiastically and was happy to follow Kalabria to the head table to greet E'zen and Asteriel. She smiled at her fellow queenrider's words, though made no attempt to interrupt. She would have her turn in just a moment.

Instead, she took a moment to glance around, and note where all the players were this evening. The shifting patterns of personal friendships and alliances were endlessly fascinating, moreso now that she would be inducted into the highest levels of power. Sidran leaving K'zariel with a smile. Casriel leaving Br'son looking poleaxed. Asteriel and E'zen looking as if neither would leave the other, ever. And little Teagan dancing with T'cev, their new tungstenrider. Most interesting indeed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Cosenne waited until the Weyrleader had walked away, and then passed Sidran with a smile as she approached the Weyr's newest Titaniumrider.

"Congratulations, K'zariel, was it?" she said in her smoky voice. "I'm Cosenne, of Fillioth. Do you mind if I join you for a moment?" She tilted her head to the side and smiled in a way that wasn't overtly invitational, but was certainly intended to be warm and to raise interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:11 pm

She did not hear Kalabria's friendly words as Casriel turned.

Asteriel watched as her elder sister stalked away and instinctively stepped protectively toward E'zen.

'If she has her way, she'll set all of Pern in a roil.' Asteriel thought.

She might well become Weyrleader. She might well seduce Br'son; Casriel was a beautiful woman and strong. The way other men would look at Br'son with her sister on his arm would indeed be of envy.

'But you would have to be a blind, thread burned fool to think you could tame her, Weyrsenior.' Asteriel thought to herself. Even if Casriel loved him, he was not Garrah and thus could not be expected to hold a leash over Casriel.

'Did even Garrah truly command her?' Asteriel wondered. Asteriel leaned her head in toward E'zen and nuzzled his ear. She knew one thing for sure.

Casriel did not hold the monopoly on shaping her own fate.

It came back suddenly in a rush that she was being spoken to and Asteriel blinked herself back to awareness.

"Queenrider! Congratulations. Ohanith is a beauty, just as her dam."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:07 am

"Of course!" Leja replied to her sister brightly, and didn't actually remember the steps between leaving the new quartzrider and coming back to the loose assortment of still-candidates.

"HEYYYYYYYY" Bast announced, seeing the cute girl-candidate come back. "You're, like, three drinks behind, so -"

He cut off as Leja mostly neatly plopped three dashes of drink in three cups, and knocked them back one after the other.

Gasping, flushed, and clearly determined, she blinked back at the boys. "You were saying?"

Ah, the confidence of a young person who had never had a hangover...

Vianne leaned back comfortably in her seat, and looked around the dining hall with purposely over-done lazy interest. "Oh," she drawled, gesturing with her watered-down-wine to first this rider, then that, male, female, and on, "a little of this, a little of that." She sipped through her widening grin, and added, "You?"

Sidran stepped back, inclining her head, her smile tugging a bit wider as Cosenne passed her. And why not? Pinning a queen's flight to a rider's affection was as risky as betting on drunk wherries, and it never hurt to be...nice.

Interesting indeed, she thought, and glanced back at the dais. The shadowriders had made their way there, and Br'son still looked flustered - no. That wouldn't do - she wouldn't run back to him to soothe what Casriel had ruffled.

Instead, she reached up to pull the shining weight of her hair over one shoulder, and stretched, just a bit. Whether his eyes were on her or no, she would continue to congratulate new weyrlings and made her way back to shadowriders and Weyrsenior all, in a bit. Her mood would not be spoiled by another cobaltrider, not tonight.

Was there a bit of a saunter in her step? Why shouldn't there be? Not her night, but quite a bit to celebrate, all the same.

E'zen leaned ever so slightly against Asteriel, the straightened to give what was unmistakably a comfortable, genuine smile to Kalabria. "She actually likes you," he said, a bit of wonder in his tone. "I guess we know why, too. Congratulations on Ohanith - how has she settled in?"

N'sen chuckled, low in his throat, and while he followed Cosenne's invitation, he trailed back a bit to allow her her moment with the titanium rider. K'zariel seemed a good sort, and happy for him, but outside of a flight N'sen couldn't bring himself to have more than a passing interest in other men. Or maybe he hadn't met the right one? Either way. More entertaining to keep half an eye on that blonde shadowrider...noticing her noticing things.

Now that, that was inneresting, all right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

Marks : 448

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:20 am

Kiry didn't protest, smiling as she joined her new... friends? So many things had happened so very fast, and she hasn't quite caught up to it. At least they had all expected, or at least hoped, to Impress. She still felt like someone had taken a mallet to her head!

She walked behind the other girls, using them as a bit of a shield against E'zen and Astriel. They were unknowns, currently, and her shyness was peaking back out. "Congratulations," she murmured, only briefly meeting their gazes before turning her eyes downward again. "Veridath is... amazing," she struggled with a proper adjective, and finally settled, a silly grin crossing her face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:30 am

Jah'vi flopped himself down carelessly next to Br'son, having heard Yvalleth and seen Casriel leave. "Here you go," he said to his friend, patting him on the shoulder and handing him a flask. "Think you need something stronger than this fancy junk right now."

After all they'd been through, he was proud to call Br'son friend. And as such he worried about his friend. If it made Casriel think he had aspirations to steal the Weyrleadership, it gave him a smirk of joy to be annoying the cobalt rider. The woman was prickly on her best days, and sometimes Jah'vi couldn't help but poke the jungle cat.

"Amazing hatching," he said, not continuing the subject of Casriel. "And a sharding good feast to go along with it." Hopefully Br'son had taken his swig, because Jah'vi reclaimed it and took a long, satisfying drink, complete with a loud smack of his lips at the end. "I'm gonna sleep good tonight," he finished with a grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Smiling appreciative of the kind words from both E'zen and Asteriel, "Thank you both. Aliseth knows I find her fascinating. Almost as much as her daughter." She said with a sparkle in her eyes. She really did love dragons to the point that each new color was a new discovery made. Something to be explored, studied and in the end made useful for whatever task best suited.

"Ohanith is as settled as she can be right now. I suppose she is a little anxious that the riders are not with them." She didn't mean Kalabria as much as she was concerned that the others needed their riders. She didn't really understand why that should bother Ohanith. The shadow though was sleeping now and she couldn't bother her with questions.

She stepped away a little so that Kiry could be seen and heard more clearly. Bowing she moved to the side, wondering who would approach next. She wondered why K'zariel was receiving so much more attention than Melieste. They were both old enough that their dragons would rise on time and judging by Aliseth, Melieste's Zillath would rise before K'zariel's Klaroth.

Ohanith wouldn't allow for them to be overlooked. Neither would she. The dais was a good place to be then.

Even if her first greeter was someone she didn't expect to see approach them. Sh'lor had walked toward them after it appeared Kalabria was done speaking with E'zen and Asteriel.

"Congratulations on your Impression." The words tumbled out like all the frilly talk he had to maintain when acting a diplomat. He wanted what he wanted and he would get it even if he had to play the long game.

"Thank you Sh'lor." She said clearly a little shocked but recovering quickly.

He moved from her to congratulate the others as well. Bowing again, "Congratulations to you as well, Melieste." Then turning his light colored eyes to Kiry, "And especially to you. Veridath is beautiful." And green, a normal color, he wanted to add but refrained.

"Anyone up for a dance?" He asked. The cobalts might be flirting with the titanium riders but they were ignoring the shadow queenriders and he would not allow that to happen. Not because he was at all worried about feelings but because he could see a good opportunity for himself here. Endearing these young women to him was a good start to gaining him a wingsecond position.

Rhaenthwor of Gold Rhaensk
Vawnali of Cobalt Kyrzoth
Sh'lor of Brown Imioth
Kyabree of Scarlet Nwynth
Brielody of Green Aurayath
Kalabria of Shadow Ohanith(Weyrling)
Z'phver of Citrine Devakith (Weyrling)
Lezsande of Scarlet Tianrith (Weyrling)
H'nar of Quartz Aivrith (Weyrling)

Smuggler/Guard Drethon

Played by Echonymph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Kiry smiled again, loosening up and feeling a little bit of pride. "Thank you," she said, voice a little stronger now, and even managed to meet Sh'lors eyes without blushing. Yes, there were three Queens in this clutch, but Veridath was the only traditional color. Though she stayed away from the rider folk due to her duties (former duties, she thought bemusedly, thinking she wouldn't be going out on hunting trips for a while now), she was aware the traditional colors were rare. Veridath was special, as well, proof that the traditional colors were not disappearing.

Veridath had been very insistent on that, for certain, telling her so many times before she fell asleep.

She smiled and made to slip away, knowing Sh'lor was addressing the queenriders for a dance, not her. Not to mention she had two left feet and would prefer not to destroy anyone's feet that night.

Unlike Teagan, she thought, bemused, watching the young queen rider glide across the floor with T'cev. Smart kid, she thought, to be cozying up to the youngest shadow rider. There were rumors in the camp about why Ensieth hadn't risen when her shadow sister had, but Kiry didn't really know that much about dragons, let alone the mutations.

She supposed she'd learn soon, grinning ear to ear.

Teagan grinned broadly and unashamedly at the mention of that magical day, when the dragons had first appeared. "I don't remember much except being really excited," she admitted, a childish giggle escaping her lips. "I'd always dreamed of seeing a real life dragon up close... I kept pinching myself to make sure it was real." A shiver ran down her spine as she remembered walking amongst the giant creatures that evening, talking to them all. "As soon as Avidian gave us the clear I was surrounded," she continued, a far away look in her eyes as she remembered the joy. "I danced for them and talked until my throat was rawesome that night."

She stumbled a tiny bit, recovering her balance quickly with a little blush and giggle. "I promise, I'm a much better dancer than this... I've never danced like this before," she admitted, hoping he didn't think her too much of a wildling for not knowing something that seemed to come so naturally to him. "And of course I've heard about your travels to reach us," she said, awe in her voice. "I'm glad you made it and you got stand in time for Elhuyath." She blushed a bit, not certain that hard come out correctly. "Well, I mean, it's nice that you're here."

Shards she sounded like a fool. But it was so nice to be around someone her own age who seemed to understand the need to act more mature and older than their age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Br'son had been lifting Jah'vi's flask to his lips when the bronzerider snatched it away. The Weyrsenior scowled at him, then snatched it back and took a quick swig. It burned through him, clearing his thoughts and blunting the edge of his worry. The Lightning. Always good stuff. He capped the flask and handed it back.

"Yeah, E'zan and Aliseth did well," Br'son said. "And the feast didn't turn out too badly. I keep getting the feeling that there's a lot more going on in front of me than I'm aware of, though. And I'm not sure I like it." Whether it was Casriel's spooky declarations of love, or Yllaveth's proddiness, Br'son felt uneasy and out of sorts. But he couldn't leave yet. The dancing had just started.

"I suppose you will," the Weyrsenior said then, in response to his friend's comment about sleeping well. "Question is, in whose weyr?" He gave the bronzerider a grin. Jah'vi was a bit of a libertine, after all.

Melieste had just opened her mouth to say her piece to E'zen and Asteriel when Sh'lor approached and asked if one of them would dance. She smiled at the Weyrsenior Second and murmured a quick "congratulations," and then nodded to the brownrider.

"I would love to dance," she said with a smile. "If you don't fear that a shadowrider's touch would taint you?" Her tone was light and jovial, and she followed up with a warm smile, from which she hoped he would interpret her words as teasing.

And if not, well, that would be valuable information as well.

"Me, too," T'cev said with a grin. "The journey was long, but it wasn't too hard. My Papa is a trader, and we traveled with trader clanfolk nearly all the way here. Have you met my friend Yosra? She Impressed smoke Ferradith today. We sailed here on one of her family's ships, and she came along. You'd like her, I think. I think you two are a lot alike."

Yosra was older, of course, but like Teagan, she was interested and interesting. Both women had the strength of will to Impress large dragons, and both women were... well... fun to look at, at least.

Even if all he could do for awhile was look. He wasn't quite old enough to feel bitter about that fact, but he had the vague sense that there was something much better than looking on the horizon. Eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
echonymph

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:17 pm

He smiled, which knowing Sh'lor wasn't his usual facial expression but nonetheless looked better on him than his usual scowl. He was determined to work on his socialization at these events and so far, so good. Until Melieste made her comment. She was surely testing, poking him to see how he would react. He wouldn't put it past any woman to do so but especially the rider of a Queen.

He leaned in, offering her his arm and talking softly, eyes strikingly soft,"If you taint me, I'll step on your toes." His tone was joking as if she were a friend or sister or even someone closer than that. He'd not bothered the Queenriders to woo them but he certainly liked looking as if he were. Sh'lor found nothing pleased him better than to show up Bronze and Cobaltriders but especially Cobaltriders.

"I was surprised you weren't already engaged to dance."
He said, casually. He'd expected Kalabria not to because of her age more than anything and because there were two Queenriders older than her available. Honestly he wondered if she weren't expecting someone of higher hierarchy to come and whisk her away. Imioth grumbled at that. He was after all the size of some Cobalts and Bronzes being one of, if not the largest brown on Pern. And there were not that many of them either. Rarer than a cobalt these days.

Sh'lor of Brown Imioth

Smuggler/Guard Drethon

Played by Echonymph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 pm

"That seems a fair trade," she said, laughing brightly. "And I was congratulating E'zen and Asteriel on a remarkable clutch... which I suppose means I was giving them the opportunity to congratulate me as well." She tilted her head to the side a bit so that she could smile up at him. Her hair caught the light in a shining ripple as it slid over her shoulder... an effect that wasn't exactly an accident. "But it seemed like a good idea to get to know them. Or at least E'zen. I imagine I'll be working rather closely with him at some point in the future."

"You have several siblings here, I think, do you not, Sh'lor? Would you refresh my memory?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:37 pm

"Hmph," was all Jah'vi said in reply, hiding a smirk. Br'son may have been able to hide it from some people, but his titans proddiness was getting to him. Once she went up, and the Weyrleader was determined (hopefully Sidran would keep the title, he had no doubt Casriel would have him demoted to watch duty as her first decision), Br'son would be back to his normal, observant self.

"Well looks like every queenrider in the room is spoken for," he said, giving an exaggerated sigh. "Unless you're offering?" He batted his eyes innocently, unable to keep the teasing grin off his face though.

Before he could embarrass the Weyrsenior anymore, he turned and surveyed the dining hall, a gleam in his blue eyes. "Name a target," he said, taking another pull from the skin, his grin turning slightly predatory. "Five mark bet?"

Teagan nodded, a bit excitedly, remembering the fun of actually watching a hatching again. It was an entirely different experience from being on the sands. "I saw her," she smiled, "but I haven't had a chance to speak to her. How was the trip on the ship? I've never been on one." There was a little wistfullness in her voice. Now that Ensieth was able to between easily, she was finally getting to see Pern, like she'd always wanted. But so far the only ships she had seen were from above, tiny specks on a sea of green from one of the many memorization points she had been training on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 pm

"Five marks? Did you marry an heiress when none of us were looking?" Br'son asked, reaching for his water glass. Probably best if he didn't drink any more alcohol tonight. Not with so much going on and Yllaveth balanced on a knife's edge.

"Any target? Then I choose... Wingleader Casriel," he said with a wicked grin. He knew that Jah'vi wouldn't take the bet. The two of them didn't care for each other, not in the slightest.

"It's strange. Like the ground is always moving beneath you. I got sick for the first few days," T'cev admitted. "But then I got used to the motion, and it wasn't too bad. Tedious at times. I much prefer travel a-dragonback." He grinned at her. It would be even better now that he had his own dragon, once Elhuyath was old enough to fly.

"You and Eniseth must go to some fantastic places together. Care to tell me about any of them?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
echonymph

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:50 pm

He was glad that it had gone as smoothly as he intended. Sh'lor wasn't impervious to charm which it appeared Melieste had in spades. "I should hope they would have done so regardless." Indeed, at Eastern all the Queenriders would be receiving a lot of attention right now. Well maybe it was a good thing he'd swept her away before others had enough to drink to be brave. "E'zen and Br'son I'd imagine but probably more so E'zen as it is customary for the Junior Weyrwomen or in this case Weyrsenior seconds to train the new Weywomen. Br'son will have enough to work on running the Weyr." He looked up at the dais for a brief moment, "E'zen at least has mellowed now. He'll be easier to work with than before."

His family was large so he didn't think most people remembered all the siblings. Let alone just the ones on dragons.

"My mother is over there, red hair, looks a lot like Brielody, with my youngest sister Deekela who will probably be able to Stand soon. My youngest brother you met as a Candidate, Keldesh, then my other brother, Shyorien, over there drinking with the other failed Candidates can't miss his red hair." He paused, "Brielody and Kalabria you know. And then there is Kyabree close to the wine in the purple gown." The fact that he knew where each of them was, was probably a bit odd. But he kept an eye on them, he made sure none of them was in trouble. It was his job now that their father was gone to be the head of the family.

"How about yourself, any family here?"

Sh'lor of Brown Imioth

Smuggler/Guard Drethon

Played by Echonymph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:13 pm

"Only Zillath," Melieste said with a slightly mischievous smile. "I am holder-born and bred, and was brought to Eastern on Search several Turns ago. My siblings are back at the Hold... but I haven't spoken to them in ages. We were never really close, and as soon as I came to the Weyr I knew that I was meant for a different life than what they had. But you! I remembered that the Candidatemaster was your sister, and Kalabria, of course. I suspect that she and I will be growing rather close over the next few sevendays. At least, if Zillath and Ohanith have anything to say about it, we will!"

As the dance spun her in his arms, Melieste realized that she was actually enjoying herself. Sh'lor danced well, and his arms felt pleasantly strong against her body. Here was another friend it wouldn't hurt to win to her side, she supposed. One can always use more friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Jah'vi groaned and slide down in his chair, bringing a hand up to cover his face. "That was as effective as a cold shower," he said sourly, taking another swig for effect and shuddering. "You'd make an easier target."

Teagan was enjoying herself so much, and finally getting the hang of this formal dancing. It was pleasant to have the attention of a cute boy, and to be having a conversation that didn't involve lessons in her duties or etiquette expected of a queenrider.

"We got an early introduction to going between, when Aliseth rose," she told him, a pleased grin on her face. No matter what, no one could take that away from her; she'd been the first in the class to learn that skill.

"There is a little island... a few klicks North of the Southern Weyr visualization I've been working with," she admitted, dropping her voice low. "Sometimes we just rest on the beach... it's really beautiful, perfect sand and the water is just the right temperature, and there's even redfruit nearby to pick."

She smiled a little shyly. "I can show you when Elhuyath is big enough to go between," she said. "The new colors seem to grow faster and bigger than the traditionals, so you might be able to start early too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:21 pm

"I will take you up on that, my lady queenrider," Tr'cev said, trying to be gallant and probably coming off rather heavy-handed. Fortunately for him, the musicians swirled to a flourishing finish, and the dance was over. He let go of Teagan long enough to applaud, and then offered her his arm.

"May I escort you back to your table? Or... wherever?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
echonymph

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:40 pm

"It's the hair that throws people off. I don't have red like the girls." He knew that it was more than that but he kept things light. Even by her tone he knew, Zillath was enough. He always felt that way when he thought of Imioth. Who else could he need?

"Well then if you are ever feeling lonely and in need of awkward family togetherness, you should have Kalabria drag you to our once a sevenday family dinner." What would one more be, especially given that Kyabree wouldn't come. Unless they apologized or begged her or something. He wasn't big on saying sorry and had no intention of looking weak to please a scarlet rider.

Sh'lor was also having a good time. It was clear that she had proper training when it came to dancing and he did his best to keep up with her level though he had to admit he hadn't danced as much in recent turns as perhaps he could have. He'd been preoccupied not participating. He struggled against thoughts that she might actually be trying to win him over for some purpose in the future. And what if she did? Being favored by a Queenrider even as a friend, could give him some hope at being a Wingsecond.

"Or you can always seek me out as well." The offer was made in a friendly way but he hadn't made many friends here. He didn't expect to really most of the time. A little effort went a long way.

Sh'lor of Brown Imioth

Smuggler/Guard Drethon

Played by Echonymph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Well. An invitation like that certainly deserved a smile. And a look up through the thick fringe of her lashes.

"Thank you," Melieste said softly. "I will certainly do that." She left it up to his interpretation as to whether she meant that she would seek the invitation from him or from Kalabria.
"You're proving to be a most enjoyable dance partner, Sh'lor," she said. "Thank you for asking me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Br'son snorted.

"I like girls... but Yllaveth's proddy enough. Who knows? Enough people keep pushing things, and maybe she will go up tonight..." then he looked over at Jah'vi, who suddenly looked equal parts interested and terrified.

"No," Br'son hastened to add. "She won't. Not yet. She's really close, though. She's already thinking about the males likely to chase."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
echonymph

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:11 pm

He noted her smile at the invitations although he would never truly know which one she meant to accept. Or perhaps both at some point or other. Actually he was glad he'd made a good impression on another Queenrider. Maybe the browns and Traditionalists still stood a chance at making a home with the others after all. If he could convince Melieste and Kalabria to accept them then perhaps it would go a long way to swaying the others.

"Full of surprises, I am." He added lightheartedly. Mostly because he felt like there was a lot said about him and only parts of it were true. Now he had a real chance to endear her to him as a friend. Someone who could help him overcome his past and the rumors of the Weyr. "You are quite talented yourself."

He didn't know what to say really. Honestly he'd assumed she would have been snatched up as quickly as possible by a bronze or cobalt rider. Since she hadn't and he didn't want it to come out sounding like it was duty that made him ask. She was a very beautiful woman, who no doubt was aware of it and a Queenrider. He was only a brownrider and though he was ambitious, he didn't think he was capable of making this sound like it should. Being suave wasn't as easy when he had been talking sincerely most of the conversation, "I should be thanking you, if anyone should be grateful. You saved me from standing next to a wall and doing nothing all evening. Although the wall can't taint me...tell me, am I still in danger?"

Sh'lor of Brown Imioth

Smuggler/Guard Drethon

Played by Echonymph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:14 pm

"Protective," E'zen said, nodding. "Maybe it's a shadow thing. Interested to see what's Aliseth and Eniseth, and what's shadows." His smile quirked again. "And what Veridath has in store for us," he added to Kiry. "She knows what she wants, that one."

Some of Aliseth's fondness for the green must have leeched through into him - he didn't even realize his smile had grown near to a grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylverAngel

Marks : 303

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:42 pm

"Of course!" R'fariel agreed, too happy to protest much.  He wasn't too appreciative of the  slow or more formal dances, but he also couldn't complain much when he had either V'tayn or Kyabree, or both, to dance with.

"Do you two want to find a place to sit?  And let me know if you see either of my brothers around…"

>>>>>>>>>>>

Unable to resist one last glance at Sidran as she headed off, K'zariel had just been about to return his attention to the food and where Ty had possibly gone.  It seemed, however, that he should have moved a little faster-- or put his attention where it should be more quickly than he had.

His answering smile was less warm than it had been for the Weyrleader, though he tried to keep it relaxed and friendly.  It wasn't entirely a hardship-- he appreciated a beautiful woman when he saw one, and Cosenne was definitely that.  "Thank you."  Nodding to indicate she had addressed him correctly, he answered, "Please," and gestured for her to go ahead.  

"If I'm remembering correctly, I believe you Impressed with my cousin?"  And Zar was pretty sure there was no love lost between her and J'ril, from the little he'd heard.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Revel laughed, raising her mug a bit in salute.  "Oh, I'd probably do a bit more of the same that I already do-- spend time chatting with the canyon dwellers.  They've got such interesting stories, and it always seems I have to cut conversations short."  Or lose sleep, which she was perfectly happy to do in most cases.  "A little more personal time with one or two isn't such a bad idea."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:51 am

Teagan took the moment as gallant, and blushed as she smiled even more. As the dance finished she felt a little regret; T'cev was an excellent dancer and fine company. She didn't quite want the moment to end yet.

Just then the harpers struck up a faster beat, and the next song started. "Just a moment," she said, mischief in her eyes. She glanced around, judging her room, then took three steps back and bounced forward on her heels.

She did so love front somersaults, even if it occasionally made Ensieth grumble with concern. No grumbles this time, though, only a great sense of pride and enjoyment from the shadow. As she flipped forward her dress exposed that it was very carefully slit up both sides to allow for the acrobatic rider to move easily, and a long pair of skin tight leggings kept her from losing her dignity. As soon as she was upright again, she raised her left leg with a deft move, pivoting into a spin on her left toes, then dropped to the floor in a perfect split. From there she placed both hands on the floor and pushed herself backwards, letting her legs gracefully descend back to the ground and finishing with a flourish of her hands.

"That's how I dance," she said with a grin, eyes bright from the excitement of the tumbling. It was second only to flying on Ensieth. She took T'cev by the arm again and smiled. "You could introduce me to some of your class?" she suggested, not really wanting to go back to the dais. The adults looked grumpy, and she wanted to enjoy the feast, and not just fall asleep at the table like she had the night she'd Impressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:39 am

Kiry smile became a little more confident at E'zen and his words. "We won't let you down," she said, completely confident in Veridath if not herself.

"But liking both is so much more fun," Jah'vi drawled lazily, smirking teasingly at the titan rider. He saw the interested look on his face, and considered being one of those people to push it tonight.

But no, Yllaveth wasn't quite ready yet. Best to let her rise in her own time than prod her rider until it happened, no matter how much fun that would have been. Jah'vi didn't have designs on being the Weyrleader, but he still wanted to prove the bronzes were just as vital as the cobalts and the other new males.

"She showing any preference?" he asked, more out of concern that Maraxith had cozied up to the titanium than anything else. He'd much prefer Sidran continue her leadership, but anyone was preferable to the prickly Casriel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   

Back to top Go down

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next